My Client is a multidisciplinary construction company working as Main Contractor, delivering an abundance of high end projects across Ireland and the UK.
As the Construction Estimator & reporting to the Commercial Director, you will be responsible for the estimating process for new and on-going works, preparing accurate cost estimates and rates using Construction Estimating Software.
Duties and responsibilities
- analysing plans, bills of quantities and other project documentation in order to estimate costs
- researching, sourcing, negotiating and obtaining the best prices and quotes from suppliers and subcontractors
- analysing data that can affect costs (such as currency exchange rates and the company’s productivity rates)
- assessing the financial, technical and operational risks of the project
- visiting project sites to gather information
- staying aware of the latest construction technologies
- keeping up to date with the latest regulatory and legislative requirements
- inputting into decisions over whether to bid for the project
- working closely with key members of the project team (such as the bid manager) and liaising with clients and suppliers
- Keeping detailed records and writing reports.
Qualified with a degree/ HND in a Construction or Quantity Surveyor discipline, you will have a proven track record in estimating working for a building contractor. You will be familiar with Estimating software - Conquest. You will be a strong player within the Estimating division and bring a minimum of 4/5 years' experience with you to the role.
Additional qualities required include:
- Working to deadlines
- Strong communication skills
- Self-confident approach
- Able to work as part of a team
- Flexible & Self Motivated.